Friday, April 11, 2003

The time of Little Tests approaches fast, and I taught a sixth form lesson today about exam technique. While demonstrating the different types of questions they may face in the exam hall, I stumbled across some examples that they would ALL understand...

Knowledge: - "What do you understand by the term hangover?"

Application: - "Explain why Miss E is prone to suffer from hangovers"

Analysis: - "Analyse the reasons for Miss E's hangover this morning" (causing great smirks from boy sitting in front row who was at the same dinner party last night and then watched me walk into the pub on the way home)

Evaluation: - "To what extent is Miss E's hangover due to the pint of beer she drank in the pub last night?"!!

In other news, I am feeling old: first off, none of my AS-level group can remember going to supermarkets and having checkout staff type prices into the till; second, a GCSE group had to create a whole new age category for me on their questionnaires as I now longer fit neatly into the 16-25 category. Shucks.

No comments: