Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Marking, I decided at 10pm, required tea. A whole pot of it. At 11.10pm, when I finished my marking, I felt remarkably awake (for the first time today) so set off in the Madmobile to indulge in a spot of late-night shopping. Hurrah for Tescos! I got one or two strange looks as I stood in the aisle counting the number of Custard Creams in the packet, and even stranger looks as I proceeded to buy not one, not two, but three different brands of ready-salted crisps. It's all for a couple of lessons tomorrow, but - rest assured, dear reader - I shall not be eating them all myself. It would be a different story if the biscuits on offer were Bourbons, chocolate ginger nuts or cow biscuits, but I don't think that this would be a good way to go, sadly.

The Amazon delivery, by the way, was great: I read the book during lunchtime and listened to the 3 CDs during the rest of today. Another satisfied customer

No comments: