Tuesday, March 11, 2003

This afternoon was the school's annual CCF competitions. Someone with a sense of humour put me in charge of the first aid base, so I decided to run a small incident to see how the kids dealt with it. Being a typical Mad venture, it had to have some element of fun. That fun, ladies and gentlemen, was Heinz Tomato Ketchup. Oh yes - I spent all afternoon covered in the stuff. I now smell somewhat pungent, but it made them laugh:
"Oh no, Miss, you're bleeding. It does smell a bit tomato-y though."
"Just keep still while I wipe off the ketchup and we'll see how bad the cut really is."

Full marks, however, were awarded to the girl who dealt with my histrionics ("Look at the blood - I'm going to die, I'm going to die!") with this classic: "Do shut up. You're not going to die. It's only tomato sauce."

No comments: