Saturday, March 22, 2003

Holiday - all the usual superlatives and hyperbole apply to the hotel, the pool, the food, the weather.... I shan't go on about it because it gets quite tedious eventually. The big decisions of the day are of the magnitude of "Swim or sleep?" "Lie on front or back?" "Salad or pudding?" I've coped OK so far, but suspect that inaction will be driving me barmy by the end of the week. I've been saved by the books - I've managed to read 2 so far (Small Gods and The Poisonwood Bible - cheers Charl for the recommendation!). I've also listened to oodles of CDs and eaten my way through several squillon calories. Now I've discovered the internet terminals in the hotel's lobby I am feeling much happier: able, at last, to catch up with news that is not related to Iraq.

Finally for now, something that made me laugh (discovered via Mal's site).

No comments: