Friday, February 07, 2003

Am contemplating doing something radical. Trouble is, I don't know what, exactly, to do. I have a lovely 3 week window of opportunity (i.e. holiday!) coming up, but have no idea what to do in it.

Part of me would like to return to Italy, and specifically to Verona (which is my favourite city). It's beautiful, compact, friendly and has the most fantastic bar called the Rivamancina where they serve the most fantastic cocktails: it's a local bar not a tourist bar, so even better for that authentic Italian feel.

However, most of me longs for somewhere slightly more off the beaten track. I might just go here and pick a country that sounds exciting. Here maybe, or here. A jaunt here would be nice, but sadly I don't think the credit card would stand it.

Perusal of Lastminute.com has found over 1,500 package holidays (like this one in Goa) that fit my criteria - how on earth am I meant to choose?!

Suggestions on a postcard please.

No comments: