Thursday, January 02, 2003

You know the wedding I went to a couple of weeks back...? Well - I'm famous here! Have been tempted to write back and let him know that I was the one wearing the rug, but that might cause more confusion than it's worth!! :-)

Have just got in from New Year, spent in a camping barn in Hathersage (Peak District) along with random people from DUSAGG and DOGs. Good fun was had by all, and highlights of the weekend (Sunday to Thursday to be pedantic!) were:- cooking the best sticky-toffee pudding in the world ever; a huge meal, complete with black tie and an evil alocholic punch, on New Year's Eve; and lying in bed on New Year's Day watching some of the nutters... erm, I mean... boys get back into their dress shirts and bow ties to go walking up Kinder Scout. We spent all day hoping that Mountain Rescue wouldn't pick them up for being still drunk from the night before!! I also managed to set fire to the kitchen, which wasn't the cleverest thing to do because I then had to spend all morning cleaning up dry powder from the fire extinguisher. Mymother was obviously right when she warned me that kitchens and I don't mix!! At least the powder didn't get in the scrambled eggs!! Given the number of digital comeras on site, I wouldn't be surprised if there are pictures on the web before too long. Watch this space!! :-)

No comments: