Sunday, December 01, 2002

Have just got in - was at Kate's party all evening making mulled wine and then came back to the House about 1.00am - wandered round and found a girl in tears... story as follows...

X was hit by a local boy about 1 month ago, and her mother phoned up today to say that they'd found a suspect and wanted X to do an identity parade. At the same time, her best friend (who has been with her since prep school) is due to move to another boarding house next academic year. X's also worried that she's not answering enough questions in class and is therefore thick. I spent the best part of an hout with her, convincing her to do the ID parade, and telling her that re-sitting her GCSEs/A levels is not a great problem.

Although drunk and knackered from Kate's party (mulled wine is my undoing!) I still felt a real buzz when X said she was going to go to bed and sort it out in the morning, and then said she'd talk to me whenever she needed... If I can be here for her when she needs, then that's a real bonus. If I was still with the bloke then none of this would have happened, and she would still have been crying upstairs. Being single has its advantages.

No comments: