Monday, January 08, 2007

I've really spannered things up this time. Disorganisation has reached an all time low here. I spent an hour or so going through old paperwork last night - bills, bank statements, and the like - and putting it all through the shredder. Such fun! Imagine my gloom just now when I discovered that I'd managed to shred my current certificate of motor insurance. Pants. What's worse is that I'd forgotten to do the car tax last week, so REALLY needed that certificate TODAY. Granny pants. AND the MOT runs out on Thursday, so the replacement insurance documents might not be here in time to do the renewal before that's up. BIG BAGGY SAGGY GRANNY PANTS. GOING GREY ROUND THE EDGES.

The thing that's upsetting me most about all this, though, is that we're meant to be driving to Brum tomorrow night for a curry, and I might not get my popadom fix. Waaaah.

Updated: CMT has solved the crisis! She's a star!! OK, using online renewal means the tax disk may not arrive for five working days, but I'm going to have to wait potentially five days for them to reissue my insurance documents anyway. Hurrah! Things are looking more promising. Those granny pants are shrinking back to temptress thongs once again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Depending on when your MOT was you can now do your car tax on line as they can check the insurance and MOT are current on the DVLA computer.....It might be a bit late for you this time, however I'm sure it is going to stop the twice yearly scramble for documents in this house.

notquiteginger said...

wow now thats a great example of the benefits of blogging!!

Anonymous said...

You don't actually need a tax disk on your car to drive it.

If you get stopped by a copper, then they can check online.

Simon said...

I thought the charge was "failure to display" not "failure to "

However locally, they set traps on the dual carriage way. At one end is a camera van, scanning the numberplates and checking the vehicles against the computer. At the other end a couple of motor bikes ready to pull over those driving without tax, insurance and MOT. Under that system those that actually have paid, had nothing to worry about.

Simon said...

Oh and yeah, I got my last tax disk in the same way for similar reasons!