Friday, January 28, 2005

I've had the Boringmobile for about 30 hours. It's still got that new car smell; the floors are still free of parking tickets, petrol receipts and empty packets of Minstrels; I still don't know what all the switches do. It's been strange seeing the 'wrong' car in my parking space, and I did get a speck of sentiment in my eye when I said goodbye to the Beetle. Mind you, the Boringmobile's nice in its own, practical way. My mother would approve of its roomy boot and sensible appearance. It doesn't have the same 'brrroooom' as the Madmobile, but it *has* got cruise control (not that I can work it competently!) and holds its own on the dual carrige way. That's not 'holds its own' as in masturbation, I hasten to add, although having a car called the Wankmobile would bring many a chortle to a boring day.

1 comment:

thribble said...

See comments on my blog re: owning an interesting car. There are advantages to boringmobiles. My next car may well be one.