Tuesday, April 27, 2004

In typical English fashion, we ought to start by discussing the weather:

We had glorious sunshine (as we had all weekend as well) this afternoon .. I donned the shades and headed out to site. The wonders of living by the south coast! Caz

That's coz it's nearer the equator, you know!

There are times I wish I lived somewhere a bit greener. Last night, I went for a drive just to get somewhere that was as refreshing as Repton sounds today. It's never quite the same on your own, though. I really need to plan ahead for my weekends and book some mates before they make their own plans. ;-) Simonside looked fantastic in the setting sun. Hope you get to enjoy the rest of it today. :) Adios! Mal. x
Hmm. The weather was like that here too. Now it's chucking down with rain. Newcastle, eh?

And associated with that:

If you ever write a novel, I'm going to buy it and devour it. Your descriptive writing is joyous. Ashley... and come back to my screen for a chat when you've time...

Me? Write a novel?! I've not got that sort of dedication. Besides, I'd get horribly confused and swing from pretentious words to flippant frippery too quickly; readers don't tend to appreciate that sort of thang, I suspect! If I did write a novel though, you can guarantee that it would be (approximately) correct in terms of SPAG*, as is the writing of many others:

From one grammar god to another, congratulations! - Mal. :)
wheee im a grammar god aswell, must run in the blood lol, are you going to llandudno?

That second comment coming from my brother, who proves quite adequately that his grammar god skills are only temporary. :-) And the answer to the Llandudno question is: mebbe, if I can find out what my boss is doing this weekend.

Onwards and upwards:

Thorntons.co.uk oh dear. I fear I may be sunk.

And they do home delivery too: that's just unfair! What's a woman to do?! After all, it would be impolite not to...

Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar. Now replaced by QWC (Quality of Written Communication) which doesn't have quite the same ring about it. Hey ho, that's teachers for you!

No comments: